Terms and Conditions
Please read our guidelines.
Free coach parking is available on Astoria Way & also on Station Road.
Please remain on the coach upon your arrival and a member of staff will welcome your group, remind them of the rules & regulations and apply wristbands.
Our Free entry policy for your staff members, is one group leader per twelve children.
- For school bookings teachers may enter and supervise for free.
One supervisor/organiser for every twelve children must remain on site at all times.
Supervisors who require access to the pool area must have permission from the duty manager and must also wear shoe covers.
In the interest of your students well being and safety it is required that they follow the directions of our staff at all times.
Our ratio for those under 8 years of age is one adult to every two children.
Children under 8 and those who entered under the supervision of a carer must be accompanied in the water by an adult at all times.
We have a child protection officer on duty at all times, so should any concerns arise please inform a member of staff.
Please note, that unless previously arranged, groups are not permitted to consume food and drink in our facility. Adjacent to Waterworld there are a great range of public picnic areas.
- Photography and filming are not permitted on the Waterworld premises.
CHILD SAFETY STATEMENT
1. Name of service being provided: Waterpark and Swim Centre
2. Nature of service and principles to safeguard children from harm:
Waterworld provides a indoor aqua park for family entertainment and physical well being. We also provide a range of courses and classes that promote personal development, exercise, movement and aquatic confidence.
To safeguard children:
• All staff complete TUSLA’s e-learning Children First program.
• We always have a Designated Liaison Person onsite during opening hours.
• All staff are subject to Garda Vetting prior to commencement of employment.
• We utilize CCTV in all relevant areas of our facility.
• We have a child admission policy.
3. Risk Assessment
We have carried out an assessment for any potential for harm to a child while availing of our services. Below is a list of the areas of risk identified and the list of procedures for managing these risks.
Risk identified Procedure in place to manage identified risk
1 Children left unattended in pool. Waterworld has a child admission policy
2 Inappropriate conduct in public areas. Waterworld utilizes CCTV in relevant areas of facility
3 Inappropriate conduct in swimming pools. Waterworld has policies, procedures and trained staff to supervise and report any grievances.
4 Capturing images in Waterworld. Waterworld has polices and procedures that prohibit the use of digital and film photography in all areas.
5 External incidents to minors being presented in our facility. Senior management trained to respond and report in accordance with national guidelines.
Our Child Safeguarding Statement has been developed in line with requirements under the Children First Act 2015, Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children (2017), and Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice. In addition to the procedures listed in our risk assessment, the following points support our intention to safeguard children while they are availing of our service:
• Procedure for the management of allegations of abuse or misconduct against workers/volunteers.
• Procedure for the safe recruitment and selection of workers and volunteers to work with children.
• Procedure for provision of, and access to child safeguarding training and information, including the identification of the occurrence of harm.
• Procedure for the reporting of child protection or welfare concerns to Tusla.
• Procedure for maintaining a list of the persons (if any) in the relevant service who are mandated persons.
• Procedure for appointing a relevant person.
All procedures listed are available upon request.
We recognize that implementation is an on-going process. Our service is committed to the implementation of this Child Safeguarding Statement and the procedures that support our intention to keep children safe from harm while availing of our service.
This Child Safeguarding Statement will be reviewed on January 2021, or as soon as practicable after there has been a material change in any matter to which the statement refers.
For queries, please contact Noreen either by phone: 0719841172 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Relevant Person under the Children First Act 2015.