- Name of Service Provider: Bundoran Waterworld CLG
2. Nature of service and principles to safeguard children from harm:
Waterworld provides an indoor Aquapark for family entertainment and physical well being. We also provide a range of courses and classes that promote personal development,exercise,movement and aquatic confidence.
3. RISK Assessment:
We have carried out a risk assessment for any potential harm to a child whilst availing of our services.Below is a list of the risks identifies and the procedures to manage those risks.
Risk:Child left unattended in pool.
Procedure in place to manage identified risk: Waterworld has a strict admission policy.
Risk: Inappropriate conduct in swimming pools.
Procedure in place to manage identified risk: Waterworld has policies and procedures and trained staff to supervise an report any grievances.
Risk: Capturing images within Waterworld.
Procedure in place to manage identified risk: Waterworld has policies and procedures that prohibit the use of digital and film photography in all areas.
Risk: External incidents to minors being presented in our facility.
Procedure in place to manage identified risk: Senior Management trained to respond and report in accordance with National guidelines.
Our Child safeguarding statement has been developed in line with the requirements under the Children First Act 2015, Children First: National Guidance for the protection and welfare of children(2017), and Tusla’s Child safeguarding: A guide for Policy, Procedure and Practise. In addition to the procedures listed in our risk assessment, the following points support our intention to safeguard children whilst availing of our services:
- Procedure for the management of allegations of abuse or misconduct against workers /volunteers.
- Procedure for the safe recruitment and selection of workers and volunteers to work with children.
- Procedure for provision of, and access to child safeguarding training and information, including he identification of the occurrence of harm.
- Procedure for the reporting of child protection or welfare concerns to Tusla.
- Procedure for maintaining a list of the persons(if any) in the relevant service who are mandated persons.
- Procedure for appointing a relevant person.
All procedures listed are available upon request.
We recognise that implementation is an ongoing process. Our team is committed to the implementation of this child safeguarding statement and the procedures that support our intention to keep children safe from harm whilst availing of or services.
This safeguarding statement will be reviewed in January 2020, or as soon as practicable in the event of any material change in any matter to which the above statement refers.
Signed; Tom Losey & Noreen Sweeney Operations Managers.